Call for local coordinator in the framework of the project “Monitoring the equal distribution of social rights for vulnerable groups on the national and local level (Kukes, Elbasan, Librazhd and Pogradec)”
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title: Local coordinator
Location: Tiranë, Kukës, Elbasan, Librazhd,
Start of assignment: 04.01.2018
End of assignment: 30.11.2018
Municipalities have the obligation to provide certain services to the vulnerable groups, with the aim of realizing their rights. Services provided to vulnerable groups from local government are in the form of economic assistance, residential and community social care services. This project intends to develop a needs assessment and a monitoring methodology; to increase capacities of Ombudsman and local government, as well as to develop the awareness of institutions and citizens. Actually not all citizens of vulnerable groups have access to these services or there are needed services that are not provided.
Among the issues that have been encountered over the years with local government in terms of providing services to vulnerable groups are: not timely payment of relevant economic assistance, such as disability payment and payment of economic aid; termination of economic aid; failure to resolve the housing issue; identification of needs of family in need included in the scheme of economic assistance; lack of access to public urban transport and non-reimbursement of tickets for persons with disabilities; the lack of budget estimates by the local government bodies of the funds required to provide economic aid outside of the criteria for special cases, such as families in blood feuds etc..
In this framework, the ALTRI Centre and Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ are implementing the project “Monitoring the equal distribution of social rights for vulnerable groups on the national and local level (Kukes, Elbasan, Librazhd and Pogradec)”.
The ALTRI Centre is looking for a local coordinator, who will be responsible for local coordination in the framework of the project.
Duties and responsibilities
For the implementation of the project the ALTRI Centre would require the services of local coordinator who will be responsible for:
- Establishing contacts in the respective cities;
- Develop interviews for each stakeholder;
- Local coordination for the development of Consultative Meetings on Monitoring Methodology;
- Developing trainings in the respective cities;
- Local coordination on Open Days Development and Citizens’ Forums in the respective cities;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- At least 2 years of previous work experience;
- Trainings and interships inside and outside the country;
- Previous experience in working with civil society;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Albanian language, and computer literacy.
At least 2 applicant will send their cv near ALTRI Center.
Applicants may also submit their application in hard copy to the following address:
Street “Asim Zeneli”, No. 15