TERM OF REFERENCE
|Position / Service:||Research Expert|
|Title of the project:||Civil society against corruption – from a local challenge to a European response!|
|Supported by:||European Union|
|Type of contract:||Service agreement – Research expert|
|Timeframe:||18.04.2023 – 30.12.2023|
|Working days:||35 working days|
Background information ALTRI Centre
ALTRI is a non-for-profit organization of a scientific, research, professional and cultural nature, established in 2011. A.L.T.R.I aims to achieve, mainly through research, evaluation, awareness raising, advocacy and lobbying, as well as legal drafting, its objectives related to issues of good- governance, rule of law, decentralization, and EU integration, in light of approximation of the domestic legislation with the acquis communautaire. A.L.T.R.I Centre carries out its activities in accordance with Law no. 8788, dated 07.05.2001 “On Non -Profit Organizations”, its Statute and its Foundation Act. The Centre is registered in the Non- Profit Organizations Register of the Tirana Judicial District Court, by Decision no. 705, dated 16.12.2011. A.L.T.R.I has implemented several projects contributing to good governance, strengthening the rule of law, increasing the transparency, efficiency and accountability of the public institutions, legal information and education of the citizens, and supporting public institutions in the process of improvement of the legislation and drafting of legal acts.
With the support of European Union, Albanian Helsinki Committee (AHC) in partnership with Albanian Legal and Territorial Research Institute (A.L.T.R.I Centre) and Friends of Europe, from January 2023 has started the implementation of the initiative “Civil society against corruption – from a local challenge to a European response!” This initiative is implemented for a period of 36 months, until December 31, 2025. The main goal of the initiative is to enhance the role of civil society in participating, monitoring, advocating and raising awareness for better policymaking processes in the framework of Albania’s EU accession.
The planned activities will work towards achieving specific objectives as following:
- Enhance transparency, openness and accountability as well as institutional capacities and commitment in tackling corruption.
- Empower civil society organizations in Albania to contribute in policymaking processes that address corruption, good governance and justice issues enabling a better environment for Civil Society.
- Increase exposure of Albania’s commitment and achievements in the fight against corruption and justice in the regional and European level.
Purpose of the service
In the framework of the initiative Civil society against corruption – from a local challenge to a European response!, ALTRI Centre requires a research expert in order to implement the activity of the project regarding conducting an in-depth policy, legal framework and in field research on administrative investigation of corruption.
Roles and responsibilities that candidates must fulfil:
For the implementation of the project, ALTRI Centre seeks the services of a Research Expert who will be responsible for:
- drafting research on the legal framework functioning and responsibilities of anti-corruption structures, means and methods of administrative investigation of corruption, the steps that are followed, the role of each structure in the investigation, inter-institutional cooperation during the investigation, cooperation with the prosecution, case tracking, etc.
- drafting research on the political framework aims to identify the policies and measures foreseen to increase the efficiency of investigations against corruption in the public administration;
- drafting personalized interviews for 25-28 responsible institutions;
- identification in practice of the steps that are followed for handling a case, the investigative tools and methods that are applied, as well as the problems that are encountered;
- the development of a focus group to validate the findings and complete the data;
- assessing the needs and drafting recommendations for the improvement in this direction;
- creating a methodological tool to periodically measure public perception of corruption and the effectiveness of anti-corruption mechanisms.
- University degree in law;
- At least 7 years of professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the Albanian legal framework and regulations;
- Very good writing skills;
- Previous experience in drafting research documents such as assessment, reports/monitoring methodologies;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under time pressure;
- Other academic qualifications in the legal field would be an added value.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Financial offer according to the above-mentioned duties.
For any further information please contact the address below:
The deadline for submitting the application is April 13, 2023.
The application can be sent in a sealed envelope or by email to the following addresses:
With sealed envelope:
Term of Reference: Research Expert
Rruga “Asim Zeneli”, Nr.15, Tirana, Albania
The application can be sent in Albanian or English language.