TERM OF REFERENCE
Legal expert on juvenile justice issue
Empower youth in child-friendly justice!
|Position / Service:||Legal expert on juvenile justice issue|
|Title of the project:||Empower youth in child-friendly justice!|
|Supported by:||Austrian Development Cooperation & Terre Des Hommes Albania|
|Type of contract:||Service agreement – Legal expert on juvenile justice issue|
|Working days:||24 working days|
Background information ALTRI Center
ALTRI is a non for profit organization of a scientific, research, professional and cultural nature, established in 2011. A.L.T.R.I aims to achieve, mainly through research, evaluation, awareness raising, advocacy and lobbying, as well as legal drafting, its objectives related to issues of good- governance, rule of law, decentralization, and EU integration, in light of approximation of the domestic legislation with the acquis. A.L.T.R.I Centre carries out its activities in accordance with Law no. 8788, dated 07.05.2001 “On Non -Profit Organizations”, its Statute and its Foundation Act. The Center is registered in the Non- Profit Organizations Register of the Tirana Judicial District Court, by Decision no. 705, dated 16.12.2011. A.L.T.R.I has implemented several projects contributing to good governance, strengthening the rule of law, increasing the transparency, efficiency and accountability of the public institutions, legal information and education of the citizens, and supporting public institutions in the process of improvement of the legislation and drafting of legal acts.
With the support of Austrian Development Cooperation and Terre Des Hommes, A.L.T.R.I Center has started the implementation of the initiative Empower youth in child-friendly justice!. The purpose of this initiative is to increase the knowledge of youth regarding their rights in juvenile justice. The initiative has been drafted in accordance with the Code of Criminal Justice for Juveniles as well as in full compliance with the measures provided for in the Intersectoral Juvenile Justice Strategy 2022-2026 and the action plan. The initiative will be implemented for a period of 5 months, in the Municipality of Tirana, including high schools and multidisciplinary centers
The main activities of this project are as follows:
- Development of an information and awareness campaign on social media to prevent criminal offenses by minors; recognition of the rights and responsibilities of minors and young people in the case of committing a criminal offense as well as measures for their reintegration into society;
- Organization of 6 informative activities in secondary schools in Tirana and 1 informative activity near the multidisciplinary center;
- The development of a final activity through an exhibition where the works of young people will be presented in the form of painting, on criminal justice for minors.
Purpose of the service
In the framework of the initiative “Empower youth in child-friendly justice!”, ALTRI Center requires a legal expert on juvenile justice issue, in order to implement the planned activities.
Roles and responsibilities that candidates must fulfill:
For the implementation of the project, the ALTRI Center seeks the services of a legal expert on juvenile justice issue who will be responsible for:
- Drafting of informative and educational materials that will be used for the information campaign on social media and in school activities;
- Development of preliminary meetings with representatives of the Crime Prevention Center for Youth and Minors and high schools’ representatives.
- Development of 6 informative activities in 6 secondary schools in Tirana and in the multidisciplinary center in Tirana;
- Preparing the necessary materials for the organization of the last activity.
- University degree in law;
- At least 5 years of professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Code of Criminal Justice for Juveniles as well as Intersectoral Juvenile Justice Strategy 2022-2026 and the action plan;
- Very good writing skills;
- Previous experience in drafting research documents such as assessment, reports/monitoring methodologies;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under time pressure;
- Other academic qualifications in the legal field would be an added value.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Financial offer.
Applications submitted will be evaluated:
– Technical Ability (70%)
– Financial Offer (30%)
For any further information please contact the address: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 22.03.2023.
The application can be sent via email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org