TERM OF REFERENCE
OPEN CALL FOR RESEARCH EXPERT IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE PROJECT “RAISING WOMEN VOICE AND PARTICIPATION IN BUDGET CONSULTING PROCESSES THUS INCREASING GENDER EQUALITY, DEMOCRACY AND TRANSPARENCY OF MUNICIPALITIES!
|Position:||Research and legal expert|
|Title of the project:||Raising women voice and participation in budget consulting processes thus increasing gender equality, democracy and transparency of municipalities!|
|Place:||Shkodër, Diber dhe Vlore|
|Start of assignment:||23. 02.2022|
|End of assignment:||31.01.2023|
|Duration of assignment:||21 working days|
General information about ALTRI Center
The Albanian Institute for Legal and Territorial Studies (A.L.T.R.I Center) is an organization established in 2011. Since its establishment, A.L.T.R.I. with the support of various donors has implemented several initiatives that contribute to the good governance of the country and respect for human rights, through increased transparency, accountability of institutions, information, and civic education.
With co-funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Swedish International Development Agency, ALTRI Center has implemented the project “Raising women’s voice and participation in budget consulting processes thus increasing gender equality, democracy, and transparency of municipalities! The initiative aims to increase and encourage women involvement on the budgeting policy-making processes, the annual budget and the inclusion of gender perspective in municipal policies and budget, thus supporting direct democracy, budget performance and transparency of municipalities.
SO1: Identifying the problems, needs and concerns regarding gender responsive budgeting in the targeted municipalities, the impact it has in Albanian EU Accession Bid as well as advocating for better improvement of the situation in local level.
SO2: Increasing the level of women’s participation in budgeting decision-making processes, thus increasing the gender equality at the local level as an important component of the Albanian EU accessions process;
SO3: Increasing the capacities of municipalities to set budgeting policies and funding towards respecting the principle of gender equality and good governance
ALTRI Center is looking for a research and legal expert, who will be responsible for carrying out the activities within the project.
Responsibilities of the legal expert
- Will be responsible for carrying out the monitoring process;
- Compilation of questionnaires and interviews;
- Carrying out the survey process with the citizens of the 3 selected municipalities;
- Conducting interviews with representatives of municipalities;
- Collection and processing of data from the survey process;
- Drafting the monitoring report;
- Conducting advocacy meetings with selected municipalities;
- Preparation of information materials;
- Holding consultative meetings in order to present the monitoring report;
- Development of training for municipal representatives
- University degree in law;
- At least 5 years of professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Albanian and international human rights standards, with a special focus on women’s empowerment; gender equality; excellent knowledge of local government and gender-based budgeting;
- Very good writing skills;
- Previous experience in drafting research documents such as evaluation, reports/analysis;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under time pressure;
- Other academic qualifications in the legal field would be an added value.