TERMS OF REFERENCE
CALL FOR PR and COMMUNICATION EXPERT IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE PROJECT “IMPROVEMENT OF MEDIA ENVIRONMENT IN ORDER TO ENSURE A POLICY OF ZERO TOLERANCE FOR INTIMIDATION AND ATTACKS AGAINST JOURNALISTS
|Position||PR & Communication Expert|
|Project Title||Call For PR And Communication Expert In The Framework Of The Project “improvement Of Media Environment In Order To Ensure A Policy Of Zero Tolerance For Intimidation And Attacks Against Journalists|
|Location:||Tirana, Vlora, Shkodra, Gjirokastra, Korca dhe Elbasan|
|Start of assignment||11.11.2021|
|End of assignment:||30.10.2021|
|Duration of assignment:||8 working days|
General information about ALTRI Center
The Albanian Institute for Legal and Territorial Studies (A.L.T.R.I Center) is an organization established in 2011. Since its establishment A.L.T.R.I. with the support of various donors, has implemented several initiatives that contribute to the good governance of the country and respect for human rights, through increased transparency, accountability of institutions, information and civic education.
Funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by the Kosovo Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) in partnership with Partners Albania for Change and Development (PA), ALTRI Center is implementing the project “Improving the media environment to ensure a policy of zero tolerance for intimidation and attacks on journalists”. The project aims to improve media environment in order to ensure a policy of zero tolerance for intimidation and attacks against journalists, through three main interventions:
SO1: The identification and evaluation of cases, analysis of judicial and prosecution practice in order to provide recommendations on how to promote and guarantee the freedom of expression;
SO2: Creation of the ongoing practice for the identification and evaluation of the cases related to journalists by creating a database;
SO3: Increasing the awareness of policymakers (parliament, government & independent institutions), journalists, police, judges, prosecutors and NGO-s that operate in media field about the statistics and track record for the cases against journalists, encouraging their reaction to implement recommendations and to continue monitoring the journalists’ cases.
ALTRI Center is looking for PR & Communication expert, who will be responsible for carrying out the activities within the project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Will be responsible for organizing the communication and outreach activities according to a visibility plan that will include: using of web site and social media pages and accounts (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) of ALTRI;
- Will also assist the Program Manager to collect project indicator data;
- Will draft together with the contracted experts the content for the information materials that will be produced for the implementation of the information campaign (leaflets, the contents of awareness video; the contents of the local interviews;
- During the awareness campaign, will be responsible for organizing communication and information activities, including the preparation and publication of social media updates on project activities and the preparation of content for the public information campaign (facebook ads, posts on facebook,). It will also assist the Program Manager in collecting project indicator data.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- At least 5 years of previous work experience;
- Experience in writing articles; bloggers and journalism;
- Previous experience in working with social media;
- Excellent knowledges on online tools and social networks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Albanian language, and computer literacy.