TERMS OF REFERENCE
CALL FOR LEGAL AND RESEARCH EXPERT IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE PROJECT “IMPROVEMENT OF MEDIA ENVIRONMENT IN ORDER TO ENSURE A POLICY OF ZERO TOLERANCE FOR INTIMIDATION AND ATTACKS AGAINST JOURNALISTS”
|Position||Legal and Research Expert|
|Project Title||Call For Legal And Research Expert In The Framework Of The Project “improvement Of Media Environment In Order To Ensure A Policy Of Zero Tolerance For Intimidation And Attacks Against Journalists”|
|Location:||Tirana, Vlora, Shkodra, Gjirokastra, Korca dhe Elbasan|
|Start of assignment||11.11.2021|
|End of assignment:||30.10.2021|
|Duration of assignment:||46 working days|
General information about ALTRI Center
The Albanian Institute for Legal and Territorial Studies (A.L.T.R.I Center) is an organization established in 2011. Since its establishment A.L.T.R.I. with the support of various donors, has implemented several initiatives that contribute to the good governance of the country and respect for human rights, through increased transparency, accountability of institutions, information and civic education.
Funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by the Kosovo Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) in partnership with Partners Albania for Change and Development (PA), ALTRI Center is implementing the project “Improving the media environment to ensure a policy of zero tolerance for intimidation and attacks on journalists”. The project aims to improve media environment in order to ensure a policy of zero tolerance for intimidation and attacks against journalists, through three main interventions:
SO1: The identification and evaluation of cases, analysis of judicial and prosecution practice in order to provide recommendations on how to promote and guarantee the freedom of expression;
SO2: Creation of the ongoing practice for the identification and evaluation of the cases related to journalists by creating a database;
SO3: Increasing the awareness of policymakers (parliament, government & independent institutions), journalists, police, judges, prosecutors and NGO-s that operate in media field about the statistics and track record for the cases against journalists, encouraging their reaction to implement recommendations and to continue monitoring the journalists’ cases
ALTRI Center is looking for legal and research expert, who will be responsible for carrying out the activities within the project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Will be responsible for identifying and analyzing data / reports / statistics on cases against journalists;
- Design the database template;
- Drafting the methodology for collection of information;
- Compilation of personalized interviews for each of the institutions involved;
- Conducting 20-25 interviews;
- Data collection and processing;
- Drafting the report based on the collected data; current and international legislation as well as the principles of media freedom as well as good practices;
- Preparation of presentations and materials for conducting consultative meetings;
- Conducting consultative meetings in order to present the study and improve the content and recommendations;
- Revised the final version of study;
- Will be responsible for conducting the awareness campaign;
- Drafting information materials that will be published on social media;
- Designing infographics and articles;
- Preparation of texts for local interviews and their implementation;
- Conducting advocacy meetings with stakeholders involved;
- Preparing the presentation for the National Conference.
- University degree in law;
- At least 5 years of professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Albanian and international standards of media expression and journalism;
- Very good writing skills;
- Previous experience in legal drafting;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under time pressure;
- Other academic qualifications in the legal area would be an asset.
Interested candidates should present their professional CV and their financial offer to
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by November 10, 2021.