ALTRI together with the representatives of Ombudsman and the Regional Office of the Ombudsman in Fier, Berat and Pogradec, developed the monitoring process during the period January – April 2019. The 2 services selected for monitoring their implementation by Local Government Units are:
- Distribution of economic aid;
- Implementation of the rights for PWDs.
In order to have an assessment of the current situation for these two services and to identify the problems/deficiencies related to their provision, Ombudsman in cooperation with ALTRI conducted in the municipality of Fier, Berat and Pogradec:
- a survey process with the beneficiaries of the two services;
- interviews with the responsible municipal employees for these services;
- Also were taken into consideration the evaluation of the archive and administrative information available from the institution, narrative reports, legal and sub legal framework.
Experts of ALTRI Center in cooperation with the Ombudsman on the basis of data collected drafted “Monitoring report on the distribution of economic aid and implementation of the rights for PWDs.”